Tuesday 23 April 2013

Sea to Sea: "Re-Cycling to End Poverty"

I mentioned in my last post that the GEMS put on a bottle drive to help me reach my goal of $10,000 for Sea to Sea. Over just 1 week of collecting and some sorting, the garage was filled with bottles, cans and cartons. Monday afternoon, with the help of Richard & Katherine Sandstra (& Ben), Tim Sandstra, and Bert Adema, we brought away 4 vans and 2 trucks filled with recyclables.


After filling out some paperwork at Sarcan, unloading bag after bag, and breaking a few bottles in the process, we were finally done.  


The Grand Total?   $1049.05                

          

 A huge thanks to everyone who helped to make this bottle drive a success! I couldn't have done it without you! Special thanks to Richard for organizing the event and doing quite a bit of legwork to make it as successful as it was!

No comments:

Post a Comment